Chilling at a Bux on a cosy Tuesday morning because……………. NO! MORE! INTERNSHIP!!!!! Time to bid goodbye to this fulfilling 10-week phase of life — all glory to God cos it’s truly truly truly been a good ride!! v grateful for the people I met, the things I picked up, and the patience I learnt to have while dealing with the (very few) not-too-good bits. (still no idea why my last day fell on a Monday tho)
Things I dreaded:
- The ringing of my alarm clock at 7.15am
- Squeezing for Bus 858 @ the “Aft Punggol Road” bus stop with 2513841 other people who contribute to the Changi Airport morning rush*
- Post-lunch food coma (they are l. e. g. i. t!! no kidding)
- Hunger pangs!!!!!! It doesn’t help that office life makes it so tough to find time and motivation for exercise before/after work. I! Need! Dance!
- Being seated too near the pantry – the area where people would head to to make very loud calls in order not to disrupt the rest of the peace in the office. spare me
- Days when there isn’t much to do – Give me a busy yet productive day over a slack and aimless one any day! Then again, the grass is always greener on the other side 🌚
*Never thought that the bus peak hour could be (almost) as bad as the MRT peak hour; Singapore amazes me. Thank God for the 70% of the time that I got a seat for the ride tho!! (mytransport.sg really works)
Things I’m thankful for:
- The opportunity to have worked on a development that’s gonna be the next big thing for Singapore 🌞🌞!!! http://www.jewelchangiairport.com/
- Stepping out of the office into one of my fav places to be in Singapore: the airport!!!! I’m not sure if it’s the Changi Airport scent or just the vibes in the terminal, but there’s something about taking a stroll along the L2 departure hall that I rly luv idgi.
- My cosy little CMC team, each with big hearts for this project! (plus, 2 of them are moms/ moms-to-be so it was really nice to hear and witness how parenting and a career are not mutually exclusive)
- A first-hand experience of the functions of a corp. marketing and comms. team, and a fair share of empowerment by my supervisors!! #workingmomgoals
- My 2 Jewel BFFs i.e. fellow interns, Tianxin and Evan. TQ for making 9.5hour-work days infinitely more enjoyable – for the morning eye-rolls, afternoon lunches, and for every tgif that we celebrated with a victory prance out of the office doors :~)
- That we’re not cooped up in cubicles. It’s much more motivating to know you’re slogging together to tie different loose ends up (even tho we’re from different departments), than to stare at a wall tacked with post-its!
- The daily what-to-eat-for-lunch conversation: Subway? Too ex. Pastamania? Too fat. T2 canteen? Too far. “T3 kopitiam sua!!!!”……. Should I get Koi?
I mean it when I say I’ll miss this a little 😦 👋
Way too sweet la :”)
Spent 30% of the time (or maybe a little more than that) figuring out the Europe map, transportation details, air B&B bookings, reading where-to-stay-in-xxx and top-10-things-to-do-in-xxx lists, and now it’s on to the next bit of prep: the packing. The nerves haven’t hit me so I’m just filled to the brim with excitement, and can’t thank God enough for this upcoming 4-month phase of life :”)
And it’s just under 20 days till I can finally make my way to Airport Boulevard with my passport (instead of my staff pass) in hand 😉