Haven’t danced since 23rd August (that’s 40+days) and missed it alot today when I tried to search for a studio here in Warsaw/ spammed watched youtube vids and old emix training vids MISS MISS MISS. Thankful and very glad that I/we got off our lazy procrastinating butts to create this little pieces for the mmrs :”)
Chilling at a Bux on a cosy Tuesday morning because……………. NO! MORE! INTERNSHIP!!!!! Time to bid goodbye to this fulfilling 10-week phase of life — all glory to God cos it’s truly truly truly been a good ride!! v grateful for the people I met, the things I picked up, and the patience I learnt to have while dealing with the (very few) not-too-good bits. (still no idea why my last day fell on a Monday tho)
Things I dreaded:
- The ringing of my alarm clock at 7.15am
- Squeezing for Bus 858 @ the “Aft Punggol Road” bus stop with 2513841 other people who contribute to the Changi Airport morning rush*
- Post-lunch food coma (they are l. e. g. i. t!! no kidding)
- Hunger pangs!!!!!! It doesn’t help that office life makes it so tough to find time and motivation for exercise before/after work. I! Need! Dance!
- Being seated too near the pantry – the area where people would head to to make very loud calls in order not to disrupt the rest of the peace in the office. spare me
- Days when there isn’t much to do – Give me a busy yet productive day over a slack and aimless one any day! Then again, the grass is always greener on the other side 🌚
*Never thought that the bus peak hour could be (almost) as bad as the MRT peak hour; Singapore amazes me. Thank God for the 70% of the time that I got a seat for the ride tho!! (mytransport.sg really works)
Things I’m thankful for:
- The opportunity to have worked on a development that’s gonna be the next big thing for Singapore 🌞🌞!!! http://www.jewelchangiairport.com/
- Stepping out of the office into one of my fav places to be in Singapore: the airport!!!! I’m not sure if it’s the Changi Airport scent or just the vibes in the terminal, but there’s something about taking a stroll along the L2 departure hall that I rly luv idgi.
- My cosy little CMC team, each with big hearts for this project! (plus, 2 of them are moms/ moms-to-be so it was really nice to hear and witness how parenting and a career are not mutually exclusive)
- A first-hand experience of the functions of a corp. marketing and comms. team, and a fair share of empowerment by my supervisors!! #workingmomgoals
- My 2 Jewel BFFs i.e. fellow interns, Tianxin and Evan. TQ for making 9.5hour-work days infinitely more enjoyable – for the morning eye-rolls, afternoon lunches, and for every tgif that we celebrated with a victory prance out of the office doors :~)
- That we’re not cooped up in cubicles. It’s much more motivating to know you’re slogging together to tie different loose ends up (even tho we’re from different departments), than to stare at a wall tacked with post-its!
- The daily what-to-eat-for-lunch conversation: Subway? Too ex. Pastamania? Too fat. T2 canteen? Too far. “T3 kopitiam sua!!!!”……. Should I get Koi?
I mean it when I say I’ll miss this a little 😦 👋
Way too sweet la :”)
Spent 30% of the time (or maybe a little more than that) figuring out the Europe map, transportation details, air B&B bookings, reading where-to-stay-in-xxx and top-10-things-to-do-in-xxx lists, and now it’s on to the next bit of prep: the packing. The nerves haven’t hit me so I’m just filled to the brim with excitement, and can’t thank God enough for this upcoming 4-month phase of life :”)
And it’s just under 20 days till I can finally make my way to Airport Boulevard with my passport (instead of my staff pass) in hand 😉
Finally getting down to this post: throwback to two normal-days-turned-special in the middle of the mundane internship period back in June, with some of my favourite hoomans 🙃 + 🙃🙃🙃
(25 Jun – Hari Raya Public Holiday)
In short, had a rly rly happy day there because of Royal’s odd fascination with animal facts and also because we were blessed with perfect-timing-encounters with the feeding times and animal appearances!! and great weather too 🌞🌞🌞 no regrets waking up earlier than a work-day for this, hoho
^8/10 map-reading skills :~)
Also, the zoo was really much bigger than I remembered it to be. The last time I was at the zoo, I was probably still ~120cm (or less) and my fav animals there were the raccoons! but sadly, they’re now gone from this zoo’s list :”(
Breakfast was this cheesy mushroom sausage bread thing which was sinfully gud!! + some Mr Bean viet coffee to get us ready for the day (but there were monkeys on the nearby roof so that was quite scary)
Literally stared at this for 5mins++ to figure out if it was a real croc or a fake one and we’re 78% sure it’s a fake because it. did. not. move. an. inch??????White tigers were so pretty! We staked out for quite a bit to catch the feeding session cos Royal loves tigers and it was so worth it. These guys deserve more fame than lions who are are lazy shits omg they didn’t even budge their ass when the zookeeper threw them huge chunks of meat.Another majestic cutie was this polar bear called Inuka :~)
Lastly, this was our S$7.50 lunch (each! bowl!!!!) – the only downside of the zoo, apart from the fact that it’s soooo inaccessible. thank God for Grab Hitch
Did a little sleepover thingie that night and this was taken after we watched Your Name on my sofa (it’s sooooo good btw. don’t usually watch Jap Anime but this was highly recommended by Chanel and I highly recommend it now!!!!!!). I crashed soon after, oops. We had Macs hotcakes the next morning and then it was time for……..
GARDENS BY THE BAY
(26 Jun – took my 1x annual leave for these baduds ok)
Chanel was our flower guide throughout the Flower Dome and she could name almost all of the flowers wahhaha FlowerMa indeed :>
P/S: Not sure when I’ll stop feeling so irrationally excited seeing her Instastories or hearing from her on Tele, but having Germy fly off on Tuesday has really made the saying ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ pretty legit!!!!!! #bf2